This is the 1.3.4-SNAPSHOT "You'll Thank Me Later" release of the Ceylon command line tools. This is a production version of the platform.
Ceylon enables the development of cross-platform modules which execute portably in both virtual machine environments. Alternatively, a Ceylon module may target one or the other platform, in which case it may interoperate with native code written for that platform.
Read more about Ceylon at .
cmr- Ceylon Module Resolver module
common- Common code module
compiler-java- JVM compiler module
compiler-js- JS compiler module
dist- Build files
language- Ceylon language module
model- Type model module
runtime- Runtime module
typechecker- Typechecker module
langtools-classfile- Java tools classfile module fork
tool-provider- Ceylon tool provider module
LICENSE-ASL- The Ceylon ASL license
LICENSE-GPL-CP- The Ceylon GPL/CP license
LICENSE-LGPL- The Ceylon LGPL license
README.md- This file
Building the distribution
Go to the
dist folder and follow the instructions in the
Source code is available from GitHub:
Bugs and suggestions may be reported in GitHub's issue tracker.
Systems where Ceylon is known to work
Since Ceylon is running on the JVM it should work on every platform that supports a Java 7 or 8 compatible JVM. However we have tested the following platforms to make sure it works:
- Ubuntu "wily" 15.10 (64 bit) JDK 1.7.0_95 (IcedTea) Node 0.10.25
- Fedora 23 (64 bit), JDK 1.8.0_77 (OpenJDK)
- Fedora 22 (64 bit), JDK 1.8.0_72 (OpenJDK)
- Fedora 22 (64 bit), JDK 1.7.0_71 (Oracle)
- Windows 10 Home (64 bit) 1.8.0_77
- Windows 7 (64 bit) 1.7.0_05 (Oracle)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 JDK 1.7.0_04
- OSX 10 Lion (10.8.5) JDK 1.7.0_40 (Oracle) Node 0.10.17
- OSX 11 El Capitan (10.11.6) JDK 1.7.0_80 (Oracle) Node 0.10.35
The Ceylon distribution is and contains work released
- partly under the ASL v2.0 as provided in the
LICENSE-ASLfile that accompanied this code, and
- partly under the GPL v2 + Classpath Exception as provided in the
LICENSE-GPL-CPfile that accompanied this code.
License terms for 3rd Party Works
This software uses a number of other works, the license terms of
which are documented in the
NOTICE file that accompanied this code.
The content of this code repository, available here on GitHub,
is released under the ASL v2.0 as provided in the
that accompanied this code.
By submitting a "pull request" or otherwise contributing to this repository, you agree to license your contribution under the license mentioned above.
We're deeply indebted to the community volunteers who contributed a substantial part of the current Ceylon codebase, working often in their own spare time.
Ceylon is a project of the Eclipse Foundation.