Mattermost Android Application
Note: New mobile apps using React Native have replaced this application. This repo is in maintenance mode, so only bug fixes will be accepted.
Mattermost Android Application for use with Mattermost server 3.0 and higher (http://www.mattermost.org/download/).
- You can download a compiled version of the latest release from Google Play.
- You can download a compiled APK file for local usage from the Releases Tab.
- Please see Mattermost Android App testing documentation for how to help test new releases.
- See listing of verified Android devices on which this application has been manually tested.
- Minimum required Android operating system is 4.4.2+.
Requirements for Deployment
- Understanding of Mattermost push notifications.
- Experience compiling and deploying Android applications to Google Play or as .apk files within companies.
- An Google Developer account and appropriate Google devices to compile, test and deploy the application.
- Install Mattermost 3.0 or higher.
- Update app/src/main/res/values/strings.xml and change the value of gcm_sender_id to your app id available here.
- Compile and deploy this Android application with your own private key to an .apk file distributed to your team. Please DO NOT deploy this app in the Google Play store.
- Install the latest stable release of the Mattermost Push Notifications Server using the private and public keys generated for your Android application from step 2.
- In the Mattermost Platform Server go to System Console > Email Settings > Push Notifications Server and add the web address of the Mattermost Push Notifications Server. Set System Console > Send Push Notifications to
- On your Android device, download and install your app and enter the Team URL and credentials based on a team set up on your Mattermost Platform Server.
Bugs, Feature Ideas and Troubleshooting
- Back button does not work on Channel Navigation or User Settings views